Image Map

Monday, July 20, 2015

Must Read Monday: Rhyming





Linking up with Kindergarten Planet and The Kindergarten Connection to share my list of Must Read Monday books.  This week's category is rhyming.  I love rhyming! I sometimes struggle with how is the best way to teach rhyming, but I definitely love reading books about it.  I have picked 4 books that I enjoy reading that contain a rhyming aspect.  

1. Little Blue Truck
 This story could have also been on ,last week's link up for compassion. It is the story of a sweet little blue truck and his animal friends.  They help a dump truck even though he wasn't so polite. There is also a companion story: Little Blue Leads the Way.


2. Rhyming Dust Bunnies
  This story is just silly... and SO fun to read with a class. Dust bunnies are in a house filled with things that might get them, but one has some trouble with figuring out what it is.  Good story to make learning fun. 



3. Don't be Silly, Mrs. Millie! 
Mrs. Millie is the teacher we all wanted, and all want to be.  Her class loves her and she has a good time at school.  She says silly things like "Time to put on your goats and kittens!" To which her class responds with the correct "coats and mittens." Fun way to get students excited about rhyming.


4. Fox in Socks
I mean really, what kindergarten teacher doesn't love this book?! It's my all time favorite Dr. Seuss book and while it's definitely a tongue twister I always look forward to reading it. and did I mention it has rhymes. :) 

Join the link up next week! Here is a list of future Must Read Monday topics!



6 comments:

  1. You shared so many great book choices!! I couldn't agree with you more, I love them all!! 'Rhyming Dust Bunnies' might be my favorite!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your rhyming books with us, I hope you have a wonderful week!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! They are all so fun to read! Thanks for stopping!

      Delete
  2. Fox in Socks is one of my favorite books ever! The kids love when I try to read it faster and faster and then it really does tongue tie me. :) Thanks for linking up and sharing your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I challenge myself to read it faster and faster too! Thanks for stopping!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I like your book selections. I first discovered Little Blue Truck when looking for books for my nephew. It is a favorite of his and his parents bought the other one as well! Rhyming Dust Bunnies sounds cute!
    Suzanne
    Kindergarten Planet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I found Little Blue Truck when it was given to me as a baby shower gift! and of course HAD to have the next one when I found it in stores too!

      Delete