Image Map

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Washi Tape Crayon Caddy


When you walk into a kindergarten classroom most of the time you'll see a theme of Dr. Seuss, monkeys, frogs, etc. to make it a kid friendly space.  However, in my classroom I hated doing a theme.  I got sick of it after a few years and had to buy EVERYTHING new.  After doing that a couple of times I decided I wanted my classroom to be a place students loved, but also a place I loved to spend time (since we all know we spend way more time than 8-3!) So I started doing a more mainstream look in my classroom.  I use black and primary colors.  this way if I want to throw in some fun things I can, but don't have to redesign my whole classroom. 

Anywho, I wanted something to house my crayons and found this project.  SUPER cute and I was very excited to try it since I was sick of having all of my crayons just dumped into a storage container for kids to sift through.  But the more I thought about it I just couldn't decide if that was the design I wanted.  Then, I was given 10 rolls of WASHI TAPE! The rest is history! 


The start of my project! I bought two different drawer sets because I knew I would be ok putting a few colors together. 




Above are the 10 Washi Tapes I was given.  I knew I wanted to use some of these but not all. So that called for a trip to Hobby Lobby!  Below are the items I got there: Washi tape (came with two rolls), labels, and paint pen. 





I just started at the top and worked my way down! I wasn't careful about the edges at this point.  Make sure when you're putting it across the little dip in the middle of the drawer you pull up the tape and press it down. Don't just pull it all the way across then press it.  I tried that and it kept popping up in spots. 

 My hubby was nice enough to cut the edges so they would look nice! 


Here's the finished product! I love, love, love it! Perfect for kiddos to access new crayons but pretty enough I want to look at it every day too! 










No comments:

Post a Comment